Get Adobe Flash player

Internet Cafe

Patrons and employees of a southwest Marion County Internet cafe were robbed at gunpoint Sunday night by two men who threatened to shoot them.

According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, the men took some cash and a cellphone valued at $800.

The MCSO report states that sometime before 9:35 p.m. "two unidentified black males with dark clothing and their faces obscured" walked into the Gold Internet Cafe at 8585 SW State Road 200, Suite 2, with what "appeared to be two handguns" and told the occupants to get on the ground.

A 51-year-old woman who was sitting with her back to the door at an electronic gaming machine said she turned around and stood up and one of the men told her to get on the ground and pointed a gun at her. She said she crouched down and stayed where she was.

Another woman told deputies that one of the intruders "pointed the gun at her temple" and demanded money, according to the report.

An employee told deputies she was cashing out a customer when she heard a man's voice say "give me all your money" and saw two black men wearing dark clothing. The men took some cash from the register and put it in a bag. They told the occupants of the cafe to "look down or they would be shot" as they ran out of the door, the report states.

Since early September there have been more than 30 armed robberies in the city and county at locations including Internet cafes, convenience stores and nearly a dozen Dollar General stores. An adult male and a male teenager have been charged in connection to two of the robberies. Several law enforcement agencies are working together to solve the crimes.

Anyone with information can call the MCSO at 732-8181 or Crime Stoppers of Marion County at 368-7867 or visit www.ocalacrimestoppers.com.

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire
In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire

A young man chained his girlfriend to himself and forced her to sleep on the floor of the internet cafe while he played League of Legends.

The unnamed man from an undisclosed Chinese city is said to have been insecure about leaving his girlfriend by herself, believing that she would run away or cheat on him with another man if he did.

Patrons at the net bar watched as the man dragged his girlfriend into the business and forced her to carry her own blankets, which were placed on the floor directly beside the computer he had picked.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being held against her will. Photo / AsiaWire
Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will." Photo / AsiaWire

The woman made her temporary bed and lay under the covers while the boyfriend played online games with others in the internet cafe, after he had chained her to himself.

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies obediently besides him.

Others at the net bar did not seem to protest the unorthodox arrangement, especially after the man explained that he did not trust his girlfriend and believed she would run off with another guy in his absence.

The pictures have since gone viral on Chinese social media site Sina Weibo, with netizens still asking for a proper explanation.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will."

So far there also have not been any suggestions that the entire incident was set up as a prank of some sort or that they were playing their own role-playing game.

- Australscope

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire
In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire

A young man chained his girlfriend to himself and forced her to sleep on the floor of the internet cafe while he played League of Legends.

The unnamed man from an undisclosed Chinese city is said to have been insecure about leaving his girlfriend by herself, believing that she would run away or cheat on him with another man if he did.

Patrons at the net bar watched as the man dragged his girlfriend into the business and forced her to carry her own blankets, which were placed on the floor directly beside the computer he had picked.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being held against her will. Photo / AsiaWire
Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will." Photo / AsiaWire

The woman made her temporary bed and lay under the covers while the boyfriend played online games with others in the internet cafe, after he had chained her to himself.

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies obediently besides him.

Others at the net bar did not seem to protest the unorthodox arrangement, especially after the man explained that he did not trust his girlfriend and believed she would run off with another guy in his absence.

The pictures have since gone viral on Chinese social media site Sina Weibo, with netizens still asking for a proper explanation.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will."

So far there also have not been any suggestions that the entire incident was set up as a prank of some sort or that they were playing their own role-playing game.

- Australscope

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire
In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies beside him. Photo / AsiaWire

A young man chained his girlfriend to himself and forced her to sleep on the floor of the internet cafe while he played League of Legends.

The unnamed man from an undisclosed Chinese city is said to have been insecure about leaving his girlfriend by herself, believing that she would run away or cheat on him with another man if he did.

Patrons at the net bar watched as the man dragged his girlfriend into the business and forced her to carry her own blankets, which were placed on the floor directly beside the computer he had picked.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being held against her will. Photo / AsiaWire
Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will." Photo / AsiaWire

The woman made her temporary bed and lay under the covers while the boyfriend played online games with others in the internet cafe, after he had chained her to himself.

In photos of the bizarre incident the man can been swigging his beer while the girl lies obediently besides him.

Others at the net bar did not seem to protest the unorthodox arrangement, especially after the man explained that he did not trust his girlfriend and believed she would run off with another guy in his absence.

The pictures have since gone viral on Chinese social media site Sina Weibo, with netizens still asking for a proper explanation.

Reports did not say whether the girl came to any harm besides being "held against her will."

So far there also have not been any suggestions that the entire incident was set up as a prank of some sort or that they were playing their own role-playing game.

- Australscope

Hackers have repeatedly cut internet access across the whole of Liberia over the past week, targeting the West African country’s single link to the world wide web.

The recurrent and intermittent attacks, which persisted until November 3, used a technique that commandeers everyday items—including webcams and digital cameras—to flood its target with traffic, eventually overloading the servers.

The attacks follow a similar style to the shutdown of numerous high-profile websites, including Twitter and Reddit, on October 21. The previous attack was a distributed denial of service (DDoS), where a network of infected computers—known as a botnet—is used to overwhelm the target with traffic.

A U.K.-based cybersecurity expert, Kevin Beaumont, blogged about the cyberattacks in Liberia on Thursday. Beaumont said that the same type of botnet, known as Mirai, that was used in the October 21 attack had been used to target Liberia. This botnet has been dubbed botnet#14.

Liberia Internet cafe A woman and her child pass by an internet cafe in the West Point slum on February 9, in Monrovia, Liberia. Liberia's Internet was taken down periodically over the past week in a series of cyberattacks. John Moore/Getty

Beaumont told The Guardian on Thursday that the attacks had been aimed at two companies that co-own the sole fiber connecting Liberia to the global Internet. “The recent attacks...are huge in volume—among the most amount of traffic [the] internet has seen.”

The cybersecurity expert added that, since the source code for the Mirai botnet was openly available, other hackers could use it to attack high-value targets. The identity of the perpetrators of the Liberia cyberattacks is not clear, but Beaumont said that the commands for the botnet appeared to originate in Ukraine, the BBC reported.

Liberia’s sole external internet cable is the African Coast to Europe submarine communications cable, a 10,600-mile line that stretches from France to South Africa.

Experts have warned that the Liberia cyberattacks could be a test case for other attacks on high-profile targets, including nation states.

Stephen Gates, chief research intelligence analyst at U.S. cybersecurity firm NSFOCUS, said that “taking a country offline in a DDoS attack became more of a reality” since a 2013 cyberattack on spam monitors Spamhaus. The attack slowed internet speeds around the world and was described as the biggest cyberattack in history.

A Chinese national has pleaded guilty to manslaughter for killing a man outside his internet cafe in Dublin city centre.

The plea was accepted by the State and a sentencing hearing is scheduled for December 5.

Zhen Dong Zhao (aged 39) of Jervis St, Dublin pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter for the killing of Noel Fegan at Wellington Quay on May 20, 2011.

At the Central Criminal Court today prosecution counsel Pauline Walley SC said the plea was accepted by the State.

She added that there is no objection to bail as Mr Zhao has complied with his conditions to date.

Justice Patrick McCarthy granted continuing bail until December 5.

In 2012 Mr Zhao was convicted of Mr Fegan's murder and sentenced to life imprisonment but the conviction was later quashed.

The Court of Criminal Appeal found that the trial judge had erred in explaining the concept of provocation to the jury and ordered a retrial.

Article source: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-pleads-guilty-to-killing-man-outside-his-dublin-internet-cafe-764083.html

A Chinese man has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of another man on the Quays. It followed a row outside an internet café five and a half years ago.

40 year old Noel Fegan was assaulted outside an internet café on Wellington Quay on May the 20th 2011. He was rushed to St James Hospital but died from his injuries.

This morning Chinese national Zhao Zehn Dong with an address on Jervis Street appeared before the Central Criminal Court. When the 38 year old was arraigned - he pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter. This plea was accepted by the State.

The court heard the victim’s family and his daughter would like to make victim impact statements. They will be heard at the accused’s sentence hearing on the 5th of December.

He’s been remanded on bail until then.

DUNNELLON, Fla. (WFLA) – Gunfire erupted inside a Citrus County internet cafe as three suspects held up side by side internet cafes Saturday evening.

According to officials, three men disguised by masks, hoodies and gloves entered two internet cafes on Dunnellon Road and robbed people inside at gunpoint.

As two suspects entered the Flamingo Internet Cafe, the third suspect entered the Xtreme Internet Cafe right next store. What the suspect didn’t realize is that one of the employees inside the Xtreme Cafe was armed with a handgun.

Officials said gunfire broke out between the two individuals inside the cafe before the suspect ran to the adjacent cafe where the other robbery was in progress.

The suspect entered the Flamingo Internet Cafe where the other two suspects were located, “grabbed a patron there and drug her back to the Xtreme Cafe, using her as a human shield,” according to Citrus County media release.

The female was released a short time later and left the store unharmed. No one was injured in either of the armed robberies.

Detectives have only vague descriptions of the suspects. One is believed to be a black male, wearing a Halloween mask. The second suspect is approx. a 19-year-old who was wearing a camouflage handkerchief on his face. There is no description for the third suspect. The suspects managed to get away in a blue Dodge Neon.

If you have any information about these crimes, please call 9-1-1 immediately, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward, call Crime Stoppers of Citrus County at 1-888-ANY-TIPS or visit awb://www.crimestopperscitrus.com to submit a tip anonymously.

<!-- table {border-collapse: collapse;}

Related Posts

Several photos captured of two of the suspects wanted in connection with the November 15th home invasion in Tampa
PARIS (AP) — At the spot outside La Belle Equipe cafe where paramedics knelt over dead bodies on that terrible night a year ago, people gather to drink wine and catch up with friends.Where police in riot gear ran with their guns drawn in pursuit of a possible suspect, a girl wheels past on a scooter. Where thousands of anguished Parisians gathered for a national service outside the Notre Dame cathedral, tourists mill about, taking photos.A year after Islamic State group attacks killed 130 people at cafes, outside the French national stadium and inside the Bataclan theater, people chat on restaurant patios, visitors take selfies at iconic sites and children play in the streets.To mark a year since the attacks, Associated Press photographers returned to some of the sites where the drama unfolded that night and in the days after. What they found is that while things will never be quite the same, Paris is still Paris.
In this Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015 file photo, a bird flies in front of the Eiffel Tower, Paris, which remained closed on the first of three days of national mourning, in Paris. France is preparing to mark one year since the attacks with commemorations on Sunday Nov. 13, 2016. (AP Photo/Daniel Ochoa de Olza, File)
policelights-generic-1

A Chinese man has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of another man on the Quays. It followed a row outside an internet café five and a half years ago.

40 year old Noel Fegan was assaulted outside an internet café on Wellington Quay on May the 20th 2011. He was rushed to St James Hospital but died from his injuries.

This morning Chinese national Zhao Zehn Dong with an address on Jervis Street appeared before the Central Criminal Court. When the 38 year old was arraigned - he pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter. This plea was accepted by the State.

The court heard the victim’s family and his daughter would like to make victim impact statements. They will be heard at the accused’s sentence hearing on the 5th of December.

He’s been remanded on bail until then.

A man who ran an internet cafe has pleaded guilty to manslaughter for killing a man outside the outlet in Dublin city centre.

The plea was accepted by the State and a sentencing hearing is scheduled for December 5th.

Zhen Dong Zhao (39), a Chinese national with an address at Jervis Street in Dublin, pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter for the killing of Noel Fegan at Wellington Quay on May 20th, 2011.

At the Central Criminal Court, prosecution counsel Pauline Walley SC said the plea was accepted by the State.

No objection

She added there is no objection to bail as Mr Zhao has complied with his conditions to date.

Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy granted continuing bail until December 5th.

In 2012, Mr Zhao was convicted of Mr Fegan’s murder and sentenced to life imprisonment, but the conviction was later quashed.

The Court of Criminal Appeal found the trial judge had erred in explaining the concept of provocation to the jury, and ordered a retrial.

Article source: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/man-admits-manslaughter-outside-dublin-city-internet-cafe-1.2867544